email@example.com | +44 1530 831191
One of our projects through our Coalville works was a total overhaul of a CAT972M bucket that is used in the quarrying industry for handling and reloading processed aggregates.
Lafarge Tarmac Mountsorrel Quarry Leicestershire
The bucket was collected from the site on a Monday morning and returned on the following Saturday morning, to reduce the downtime of the processing equipment, 6 days in total from the collection, repair and redelivery.
Digger Bucket Repair Checklist
- removal of ground engaging wear plates
- removal of bucket base
- removal of existing floor
- removal of the sides
- manufacture and fit new base edge using AJS 400 abrasion resistant material
- manufacture and fit new 43A rolled bucket floor
- manufacture and fit new 43A bucket sides
- manufacture and fit AJS chrome carbide wear package (black parts on photos)
- manufacture and fit new bolt-on ground engaging equipment
- manufacture and fit new greedy board top plates to stop spillage when the bucket has small products
- full shot blast and respray so when returned to the customer the end product was better than at the beginning of its life
The CAT972M is a vital part of machinery that feeds the ASPHALT plant on site.
A J Specialist Welding offer this service to most make and models of buckets throughout the quarrying, recycling and construction industries.
It is one of our specialities for over the past 40 years, having the know-how and ability to fit wear plates to customers own equipment to save them downtime and make their rehandling machinery more cost-effective.